Compassionate Care Right At Your Home
Being at home near loved ones often makes a patient feel more comfortable and heal faster. Amavi can provide you with holistic care while you stay at the place dearest to you. Our team professionals will give you compassionate care that is of the highest standards.
How Home Health Care Works?
Home health care is a care regimen designed to assist sick or aging people to live safely in their houses. Our health care professionals will assist you in having your treatments at home. We will also help you do daily tasks and have greater independence. Patients recovering from medical procedures can also request our service to help them get back faster.
The Benefits of Home Health Care
Home health care isn't just about providing medical services at home. It covers more of the patient’s needs and provides the following benefits.
Hospital and institutional care often have rigid regimens and schedules. This can be uncomfortable for patients who want more freedom in their movements. We can tailor our services to the degree of independence you want and need.
Senior patients and their caregivers can sometimes lose track of medication schedules. Our private nurses will help ensure that you drink your medicines in the right amount and at the right time. We also make sure that you follow your doctor’s instructions.
Families caring for ill patients might find it difficult to keep up with housework at the same time. This is also the situation faced by patients living on their own. We can help in both cases by providing housekeeping services alongside our medical care team.
Companionship and Socialization
Elderly patients and those required to stay in bed during their recovery can feel bored and lonely. We assign in-home aides and companions who will pay a regular visit. During these times, they will join patients in leisurely activities to keep them engaged.
A Break For Caregivers
Relatives taking care of patients can find it tiring at times. In these cases, we can arrange for brief home health care sessions. During these sessions, you can rest or run errands before returning to your ward.
The Home Health Care Services We Provide
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound
- Disease management and education
- Nutrition therapy
- Catheter Care (Foley, supra pubic catheter)
- Colostomy Care
- Follow up care and education on management of G tubes, NG tubes, J tubes
- IM Medication/ IV Therapy
- Administration of IM/IV medication
- Teachings to patients/family/caregiver of IV demonstrations if appropriate
- Therapy Services
- MSW - Counseling, Community Resources
- CHHA - provide patient personal care including hygiene assist ambulation and exercises
Who is Eligible for Home Health Care under Medicare?
All individuals with Medicare who meet all of the conditions are covered:
- The individual must be under the care of a doctor and must be getting services under a plan of care established and reviewed regularly by a doctor.
- The individual must have a skilled need, and a doctor must certify that he/she needs one or more of these:
- Intermittent skilled nursing care (other than just drawing blood)
- Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy
The individual must be homebound and a doctor must certify that he/she is homebound.
An individual is considered home bound if leaving the home requires considerable and taxing effort. Absences from the home are acceptable provided they are infrequent, short duration or to receive medical treatment.